Elendureports is getting angry feedback from readers betrayed by its patronizing stories on Mr Ibrahim Babangida. One of such readers provided againstbabangida.com with a feedback from its publisher, Mr.Jonathan Elendu, who ackowledged getting bombarded, but failed to admit erring. Also Read: Elendureports' Romance With Babangida
Reader's [Abbay] Complaint to Elendureports:

Dear Jonathan,

I am fan of your publications and read your website on a daily basis along with a few other genuine sites that I rely on for genuine news concerning out great nation Nigeria. For this I will like to take this time to praise your work and say more kudos brother.

I read the recent interview you did with former military dictator General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida, popularly known as IBB among other names and from the interview, one would almost feel sorry for the man that he has been misunderstood and misjudged over the years. You couldn't help but feel that even I as a person have been carrying a
lot of grudges for an innocent man for years. Such is the impression I was left with after reading the piece so when I got home last night, I pondered a bit more over the story and concluded thus;

1. IBB, Maradona, Evil Genius or whatever he is called is and was not at all an innocent man and I along with millions of other clear thinking Nigerians will never see him as such. He clearly deserved those names due to his sly and deceitful nature as a leader. Reference to the IMF loan, Dele Giwa and the Vatsa saga amongst others.

2. IBB's regime entrenched and legalised the concept of "Chop-I-Chop" and legalised "Egunje" aka settlement in Nigeria.

3. IBB's regime was an opportunistic regime precipitated into power out of selfish interest i.e. the embarrassing Gloria Okon Drug Saga which eventually led to the assassination of Dele Giwa. It is also common knowledge that IBB is wanted in America for drug related offences.

4. Nigeria was not in a stalemate situation when they (IBB) took over from the Buhari/Idiagbon regime or was it? If anything, we were on the verge of economic recovery and social re-orientation.

5. IBB's regime is NOT the best Nigeria has ever had despite the fact that he used the best brains in the country. Instead IBB tried as much as possible to corrupt the incorruptible i.e. Wole Soyinka and the F.R.S.C saga. He eventually got through to Tai Solarin (Pepole's Bank). The man died from the disgrace.

6. The Gulf war windfall, I still don't believe his side of the story as well.

7. On the June 12 issue, all that crap about Abiola not surviving 90days. Is it his business to guarantee the security of an in-coming head-of-state? Who guaranteed his own security when he got there? What a load of nonsense. The guy truly believes that Nigerians are senseless.

Now Jonathan, these are the kind of questions that I believe IBB should be asked when you get a rare opportunity like yours to interview him.

My summation is that if anything, you actually made him look good and hard-done-by. It was a very disappointing piece. You could have done better.

Elendu's Response:

User Elendu [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.]on behalf of; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Abbay: Thanks for your mail. I have chosen to respond to your mail out of the many mails I've gotten since the interview because your opinion appears well thought. My role as an interviewer is not to call Babangida a thief, liar, murderer or put him in jail. My role was to ask the question that will present him to the world the way he really is. Have you read anywhere in the world that a journalist called IBB a coward to his face? Have you read anywhere that a journalist accused him of institutionalizing corruption in Nigeria? Has anybody gotten IBB to reveal the main reason he annulled June 12? The questions were my responsiblity and the answers were his. It is up to you to make up your mind about the character of the man from his answers.

The problem with most of us is that we make up our mind about a piece before we even read it. I did my best. Maybe it's not what you expected but I challenge anybody to point out a better interview with IBB. Jonathan Elendu

Another Reader [Tunde Abayomi]  to Elendureports.com:

Hi Jonathan,

I have also read the IBB's interview and your response to one of the readers of the interview; one Abbay. This is my comment on the interview for records and posterity.
There is no amount of favourable reports on IBB by any organisation sponsored or on its own that can change history. You cannot create history instead histroy will create itself. There is no doubt that your report is designed to rewrite history in favour of IBB. This is even obvious in your report that EFCC chairman phoned Mohammed Babangida to beg him. Beg him for what! For investigating how he got rich at that age? You guys should please fear the Almighty in your your doings. Remember that you will give account of same before you leave this world. The question you should ask yourself is why IBB, why not some other person?
I surmise that you are being sponsored based on your action during the interview and your report on EFCC and IBB junior.
Now listen, the battle is drawn between we Nigeria masses, your sponsors and your organisation wherever you are. It is going to be fight to finish. Why? Because if we do not fight till you are finished, posterity will not forgive us. We are waiting for you and you will see the recurrence of how GOD delivered the Israelites from Pharaoh.
You guys do not know anything. The preparation made by the populace to counter IBB is enormous. Just wait and see. You will be surprised.
Jonathan, don't bother to reply I dont need it. And take this advice of mine, you better discountinue with your stupid website nobody will bother to read it. I only got to know you through Againstbabangida.com, my favorite site. However, you can continue to take the blood money from your sponsors. One day the blood will cry on you for justice. Thanks. But no thanks

twitterfacebook twitter google